Thursday, May 27, 2010

THE CITY IN MURALS






























Today is my last day! :( And it seems there is much left that we did not do, though we've been "oot 'n aboot' every single day, with very little down time.

While I was at my out and abouting, I took a lot of pictures around Whitehorse itself, particularly of the many murals that can be glimpsed on the sides of buildings, down alleyways and along the main streets. They are most alluring!

Plainly, I have also included some street scapes and old buildings that caught my eye as well. The "And Again" building is where Debbie works.

The other thing about Whitehorse, are the tremendously intriguing alleyways that stretch from one end of the city to the other. Actually, they run perpendicular to the river, which probably had some practical significance when the city was young and dependent on the river. In any case, they now serve as added access to the backs of properties, as well as interesting passageways to where you are heading.

Kita and I went exploring the first of the week, under somewhat overcast skies, and had a wonderful time documenting the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment